Sunday, October 17, 2021

View from the Bottom

 I've been here before. It's a lonely place. I'm in a self-made unreachable valley. 

But I've been here before. And I know the way out. But that way is not my way. Until I fully surrender, I have to stay here, wandering. Wallowing. Angry. Irritated. Sad.

God sent a Friend to me yesterday. A fellow educator whose career path has crossed mine a few times. She walked a parallel journey of utter surrender a few years ago. She was broken at God's feet. She didn't know what steps were to come. But she was redeemed. Her career was redeemed. 

I am arrogant, prideful, obstinant. I also feel helpless, inept, and buried under the weight of others' perceptions and beliefs. I crave a work environment where transparency, honesty, and growth mindset are the foundation. In my current space, we are all just surviving.

I want to see the good. I want to be the good. I want to feel hope. These verses give me Faith:

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

"All things work together for good for them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"To the right and to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

"For I know the plans I have for you." Jeremiah 29:11

"Speak life." Ephesians 4:29

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to competion." Philippians 1:6









No comments:

Post a Comment